12 Health Benefits Of Marijuana
Marijuana offers a range of healthy benefits to users. More and more people are turning to pot, weed or cannabis, as marijuana is commonly called, and this is in due part to the benefits. Let’s discuss 12 health benefits of pot, as well as where you can buy it, how it’s consumed and other useful information you’ll want to know about.
12 Health Benefits Of Marijuana
Let’s start off by talking about the health benefits of cannabis. These benefits include:
1. Chronic Pain- One of the most common reasons people use cannabis is for pain. If you suffer from chronic pain, then using marijuana may significantly reduce your symptoms.
It’s worth pointing out that there are reports out there that state there is evidence that cannabis is an effective treatment for pain. In fact, more and more people are ditching their pain medications and switching to cannabis because it is thought of as being a safer and healthier alternative. With a large portion of pain sufferers getting hooked on pain medications, it’s no wonder why medical marijuana has increased in popularity.
2. Epileptic Seizures- A lot of people who have epileptic seizures are at a lost because they have tried everything, but have not gotten any results. There are strong medications out there that help, but not everyone wants to use them or use them as their sole treatment. If this sounds like you, then it’s worth looking into cannabis.
There are studies out there that show CBD, short for cannabidiol, may help those with epilepsy that is resistant to treatment. However, more data needs to be done in order to determine just how effective marijuana is for seizures.
3. Cancer- CBD, an active compound in marijuana, has been looked at closer to find out its effects on cancer. In 2007, the California Pacific Medical Center released a report that said CBD may prevent cancer from spreading.
In other studies, CBD shrunk brain tumors in mice or cell cultures. If CBD oil didn’t shrink the tumors, then it slowed down their growths, but the right dosage has to be administered to achieve this effect. This is why more research should be conducted.
In some places where medical marijuana is legal, there are doctors who prescribe it to their cancer patients.
4. Reduce Anxiety- Using cannabis in excess can cause anxiety. This isn’t a secret, but what many people don’t know is that it can reduce anxiety if it’s taken at a low dosage. In fact, people often use it so they can relax. The right amount of cannabis can calm people down and help them relax more.
In one study, THC, another compound in marijuana, it was revealed that THC does reduce stress levels when consumed at low dose amounts. Participants in that study took a few puffs of weed and that was enough to help them relax.
5. Slow The Progression Of Alzheimer’s- A study in 2006 found that marijuana might slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease. The study was carried out by Kim Janda and her team at the Scripps Research Institute. In short, THC was found to slow the formation of certain plaques that destroy brain cells and that are associated with the disease.
If you know someone who is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, then speak with them and their doctor. They might benefit from being prescribed medical marijuana or by using a CBD-based product.
6. Multi Sclerosis- A lot of people with multiple sclerosis suffer from a tremendous amount of pain. It seems like nothing helps them and sometimes the pain can become unbearable. If this sounds like you or you know someone who has MS, then consider cannabis. It is known for easing the pain in people who have the condition.
In the past, Jody Corey-Bloom conducted a study on dozens of patients with the condition. These patients were suffering from painful muscle contractions and treatments weren’t working. However, they were in less pain after using marijuana for a few days.
The reason why pot is effective is that of the THC in it. It appears that the compound binds to receptors in the body, including the muscles and nerves. In short, MS patients can likely benefit from using marijuana.
7. Less Likely To Be Obese- Those who use marijuana usually have a lower BMI score, and Body Mass Index is thought of as being an indicator of good health.
It’s worth pointing out that researchers took a look at hundreds of adults that ranged from 18 to 74-years-old, and they came to the conclusions that pot users tend to have a low BMI. If you have a low BMI, then you tend to be at a lower risk for obesity and diabetes because it usually means you have less overall body fat.
8. Improves Lung Function- Smoking pot may not be as bad for your lungs as you’d think. In fact, pot smokers tend to have improved lung function, at least when you compare it to cigarette smokers and some people who have never smoked cigarettes or pot. Researchers wrote in the Journal of the American Medical Association that long/big drags of pot may train smokers’ lungs to be more efficient.
We’re not saying you should smoke pot with the expectations that your lung function will improve. Nonetheless, this is one of the most interesting potential benefits of using marijuana.
9. Improves Creativity- People who smoke pot tend to be more creative than those who don’t use it. There has been researching that has shown that pot increases verbal fluency in low creative people to high levels. In fact, it increases to the same level that highly creative people are at. This was actually the results of a 2012 study that looked at over 150 pot users.
10. Helps With Getting Off Harder Drugs- Pot can help patients give up harder drugs, more specifically opiate-based drugs. More and more patients who are suffering from an addiction to heroin are turning to marijuana. This is because it can help them with sleep, make them less anxious and can help them complete their rehabilitation.
11. May Help Athletes Perform Better- Believe it or not, but pot may help athletes perform better. This is because it can aid in recovery and increase overall performance. Do bear in mind that many sporting organizations do ban pot use, so think twice about using it if you compete in sports.
12. Safer Alternative To Alcohol- It’s important to note most foreign substances can be harmful to you if you use it in excess, and this includes marijuana. However, there’s no arguing the fact that pot is a far safer alternative to alcohol. We all know how bad alcohol is for the body and how easy it is to abuse. It’s a fair statement to make that pot doesn’t cause as many side effects as drinking alcohol causes.
To sum up the above, marijuana benefits include:
. Reduce chronic pain
. Controls seizures
. Helps with cancer
. Reduce anxiety
. Slowdown the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease
. Reduce pain in Multi Sclerosis patients
. Reduce Obesity risk
. Improves lung function
. Helps with creativity
. Used as a way to get off harder drugs
. Help athletes perform better
. Safer alternative to alcohol
Those are a few of the many potential benefits marijuana has to offer.
Where To Buy Marijuana
You can either buy pot for recreational use if you live in an area that has legalized it. You can also get pot if you are prescribed it. However, if neither of these applies to you, then you can buy CBD products or hemp-based products. The benefit of products that don’t contain THC is they don’t get you high and they are legal in many places. The chances are you can legally buy and use cannabis-based products, but they won’t contain the ingredient (THC) that is responsible for providing users with that high feeling.
How To Consume Marijuana
There are many ways to consume marijuana, with one of the most obvious being smoking. However, some people don’t like using it because it gets them high, so they’ll consume CBD oils by vaping it, consuming edibles and things of that nature.
When people want to reap the benefits of marijuana, they usually turn to CBD oil. The benefits of using CBD oil are similar to the benefits of smoking marijuana, except it is healthier to use. CBD oil can help those with cancer, reduce the frequency of seizures, help people relax and much more. Best of all, there are numerous ways to use CBD oil, such as you can use it as a body lotion, cook it in food or vape it.
If you’re not in an area where you can purchase weed legally for recreational use, then turn to an alternative. As previously mentioned, CBD oil and CBD-based products offer an array of benefits. If you want to reap all of the potential benefits, then order some today.